With its award-winning progression of terrain parks, Loon Mountain Resort is the ideal training ground for aspiring snowboarders and freeskiers - and the Competition Team is how they reach the next level.
The Competition Team (aka the ‘Comp Team’) is Loon’s most intensive seasonal program, designed for athletes who wish to spend the winter competing and training in USASA and USSA events in freestyle skiing, freestyle snowboarding, and alpine snowboarding. In recent years, Loon athletes have traveled to the USASA National Championships, notched podium finishes, and earned a reputation for excellence.
Comp Team athletes learn from freestyle-focused coaches many with competition backgrounds and certificates through PSIA/AASI, USASA and USSA. Coaches work with athletes to promote sportsmanship and develop a strong work ethic, athleticism, and pride. Team members meet at their own private facility where they discuss training techniques, share lunch, and form new friendships.
- Up to 42 days of on-snow training
- Program runs from 12/1/18 - 3/17/19
- Includes weekends and these holiday periods: Christmas/New Years Week (12/26 - 12/31), Martin Luther King Weekend (1/19 - 1/21), and Presidents' Week (2/17 - 2/25) - Program will not meet on 12/24 - 12/25
- Hill space for GS & SL training (snowboard only)
- Safety education
- Video analysis
- Buffet lunch
- Express lift access
- Pre-season indoor goal-setting session and equipment evaluation
- Traveling coaches accompany athletes to regional USASA events. Coaching at other competitions is made on a case-by-case consideration.
|Age||Price thru 10/8|
Program does not include a season pass, lift ticket, or rental equipment. A valid season pass or lift ticket is required to participate. An appropriate signed release, registration form, and payment must be submitted and placed on file prior to the first day of participation.
Check In / Pick Up Information
Competition Team drop off is at 8:30 a.m. at the Junction by the Slopeside Deli. Pick up is at 3:00 p.m.
Seasonal Ski/Snowboard Program Refund Policy
There are no refunds, except in the case of illness or injury that precludes the child from participating for the remainder of the season. Contact the seasonal programs manager.