man and woman on zipline platform

International Employee Information

Loon Mountain welcomes international employees for our seasonal winter positions. We have many returning international employees from places such as Brazil, Chile, Argentina and Peru. Our international employees have gained valuable workplace skills here at Loon, while also greatly contributing to our culture and community. 

In order to work at Loon, international applicants must obtain one of the following visa types:

J-1 Visa

Please Note: Loon accepts J-1 visas for the summer season.

For  winter seasonal positions at Loon,  please contact CIEE for further information.

Work and travel visas or J-1 visas are for students only who can work in the United States for up to 4 months. If you are an international student and wish to work at Loon Mountain this winter, please contact the Council on International Exchange (CIEE) at:
300 Fore Street
Portland, ME 04101 USA
Tel: 1-888-268-6245
Fax: 207-553-5000

H2-B Visa

Please note: We no longer accept H2-B Visas.

Loon Employee Housing

Loon provides housing for employees on a first come, first-served basis. For a list of housing options and area realtors, visit our Housing page. To request housing, please email Human Resources.