Ski & Snowboard Lessons Loon Snowboard and Freeride Teams (LST & LFT)
2013-14 Loon Snowboard & Freeride Competition Teams (Ages 7-17)
With its award-winning progression of terrain parks, Loon Mountain is the perfect training ground for competitive young snowboarders and freeriders – and ‘The Comp Team’ is how they’ll reach the next level.
This structured program offers athletes a chance to compete in nationally-sanctioned events in the disciplines of Superpipe, Slopestyle, Skier/Boardercross, and Slalom and Giant Slalom for snowboarders. In 2013, Comp Team athletes traveled to the USASA National Championships in Colorado and notched a number of podium finishes – including several gold medals.
Loon's coaches have extensive competition backgrounds and certificates through PSIA/AASI, USASA and USSA, and work with their athletes to promote good sportsmanship, work ethic, athleticism, and pride. Team members meet at their own private facility, The Junction, where they discuss training techniques, share lunch, and form new friendships.
- 42 days of on-snow training (Program participation is for specified dates, not number of days)
- Weekends and Holiday Periods 12/7/13 – 3/23/14
- Holiday periods include: Christmas/New Year's Week (12/26 – 12/31/13), Martin Luther King Weekend (1/18 – 1/20/14), and Presidents' Week (2/15 – 2/23/13). Programs will NOT meet on 12/23 – 25/13 and 1/1/14
- Hill space for GS & SL training (snowboard only)
- Safety education
- Air Bag Season Pass
- Video analysis
- Buffet lunch
- Express lift access
- Preseason indoor goal-setting session and equipment evaluation
- Traveling coaches accompanies athletes to Regional USASA event. Coaching at other competitions is by a case-by-case consideration.
2013-14 Price:Thru October 14: $1,959
Price After Oct. 14: TBD
Price does not include season pass or lift ticket. A valid season pass or lift ticket is required to participate.Location:
The Junction (beside the Deli)Age:
8 yrs. - 17 yrs.Ability: Levels 5-7Disciplines:
Ski (freeride); freestyle snowboard; and alpine snowboardStart Date:
December 7, 2013Time:
8:30AM - 3:00PMLunch:
Generally 30 minutes, on-hill, various times
Seasonal Ski/Snowboard Program Registration
Seasonal Ski/Snowboard Program Refund Policy
No refunds, except in the case of illness or injury that precludes the individual from participating for the remainder of the season. Must contact the Seasonal Programs manager.